Monday, March 18, 2013

Persistence Pays Off


Ta-da!!

They're finished!  They're really finished!  All I need to do now is wash and block them.

Now I just need to get my package from Knitpicks with my Euclan, new sock yarn, and set of sock sized DPNs.

I also worked up another of the Drop Stitch Cowls this weekend for the SO, but I modified it to have a bit of a hood.  After all, he can't use his ponytail to hold it up like a scarf like I do.  You can take a look at the project here.  It is still a bit of a work in progress.  I think I might tack the two corners on top down to the sides, or I might just rip back and pick up some stitches.  I still have to think this one through a bit.

I promise to update the minute I get my new sock yarn and cast on.  I can't wait to get started on my second pair.

About a week ago, I mentioned that I had an interview with a local yarn shop.  I'm afraid that I didn't get the job.  It turns out that it is odd to brace your knitting needle against your hip or belly when you knit.  They were very kind and explained that they would like someone who could teach one of the standard methods.  *sigh*  Oh well.  I have taken this as a piece of good advice and I have been working on not bracing my left needle when I knit.  I figured out that I do already know how to knit without doing this: I can't do it when I use circular needles.  But this might explain why I prefer DPNs.  However, I noticed that k1p1 rib is far, far easier if I knit without bracing.  It just makes it way easier to move the yarn from front to back and vice versa.  As I said, they were very kind to me and I absolutely recommend checking out and shopping at this shop.

So I would like to give a recommendation: if you are in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota, you should check out Steven Be and The Yarn Garage.  They have an amazing selection of yarns and fantastically friendly and helpful staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment