Thursday, March 14, 2013

And the April Sock Is . . .

I actually took a bit of a break from knitting for a few days.  My carpal tunnel was acting up.  I actually get it from playing games on my mobile phone, but it is hard to knit when it flares.

So I don't really have much to say about what I am working on.  But I think that I figured out which socks I am going to make in April:

Asymmetrical Cables, designed by Cookie A from the book Sock Knitting Master Class!

I am in love with this book and I want to make all of the socks in it in order!   However, I was thinking about what yarn to use, and I thought that I would save the beautiful green and blue Cascade Hand Painted Sock Yarn for the Almondine pattern.  Which left me wondering, what yarn should I get for Asymmetrical Cables?

As some of you who have been reading may know (hopefully that is at least one of you), I was trying to make the Basic Black Socks for my significant other.  When he tried them on, they were too small.  So I thought, maybe I should make these socks for him.  However, I will not work in black for two pair of socks in a row.  So I found Stroll Tonal Sock Yarn from Knitpicks in Thunderhead.

Once again, if anyone wants to knit along or has any words of wisdom to share on the pattern or yarn that I have chosen, feel free to let me know in the comments section.

A picture of Fritz the Cat for your amusement.

No comments:

Post a Comment