Monday, March 11, 2013

Casting On to New Adventures

I did it!  I made it through the gusset decreases last night and cast on the Big Cosy Cowl!

The hank of Mushishi really is huge.  I mean HUGE.  It is 450 odd yards of worsted weight.  When I untwisted the hank, it was 3 feet across.  So I decided that I did not want to ball it.  I have no patience for balling and it would make a gigantic ball of yarn.  So I improvised.

I give you . . . the yarn holder:

 
Ingenuity at its best.






A bit crude, and you still have to be careful about unwinding the yarn from the skein.  But I think that this is something that I can manage.

Also, today I got the book Sock Knitting Master Class.  I'm very excited to pick up new techniques while working on socks.  The sock pattern for April will likely be from this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment