Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Works in Progress Report

I've been working on a pair of socks for my live-in SO.  I found a really simple sock pattern and some Heritage Silk yarn from Cascade Yarns and started knitting. 

I think sometimes I find things easy when other people don't because nobody ever told me that it was supposed to be hard.  I've been working these socks on number 2 DPNs and I decided to make them all in black fingering weight, because it is simple and will look good with anything.  Luckily, I picked a yarn that has great stitch definition.  And luckily, I didn't know that black was hard to work with until I was halfway done and used to working with the yarn already.

Next project that I will be casting-on is the Lampwork Hat and Mitts kit that I got from KnitPicks.  I actually was ordering the yarn that I needed for a sweater that I am designing for myself, but the order fell short of their $50 free shipping offer, so I picked this one up.  Because of indecision on design, I will be casting these on before I get started on the sweater.  (I will post about the sweater in a blog post of its very own soon.)  I am looking forward to practicing more color-work.  I've done a few things in 2 colors before, but I think this will be fun.

And as soon as I get the needles that I need, I will be casting on to make the Drop Stitch Cowl out of the gorgeous Berroco Soufflé that I just had to buy and then I didn't know what to do with but I couldn't afford to buy very much.  It will be beautiful and soft, but I do feel a little silly for paying nearly $18 for 100 yards of yarn.



No comments:

Post a Comment