Sunday, February 24, 2013

Knitters' Guild Tea

Today I went to my first Minnesota Knitters' Guild meeting.  It was kinda neat.  I have never seen so many knitters all in one place before.  The tea and cake was amazing (it was the once a year Knitters' Guild tea) and it was really nice to talk to other people who knit. 

I have always been a bit of an isolated crafter.  I teach myself techniques and I try to get my pre-existing friends into my hobbies rather than making new friends who already have those hobbies.  I sit alone at home and work on projects.  But I have been feeling over the past couple of years that I could do with a sense of community.  And as I have recently been working on so many knitting projects, I think that this is really a great place to start.  Everyone was really kind and welcoming at the meeting and I was actually really hoping to win one of the gorgeous skeins they had as door prizes.  And how can a knitter resist a gathering where it is not considered rude to knit the entire time?

No comments:

Post a Comment